The Reverend Mark R. Francis, C.S.V. International Program
Inviting international students to experience faith-based, college preparatory education
The Reverend Mark R. Francis, C.S.V. International Program at Saint Viator High School provides a supportive environment that focuses on a student's needs, and enables him/her to develop the cultural understanding and performance skills necessary to function appropriately and successfully in both academic and social situations.
International students must attend Saint Viator High school for a minimum of two years in order to receive a Saint Viator High School diploma.
Students are mainstreamed into regular or honors college prep courses in preparation for entrance into U.S. universities and colleges.
To date, 100% of the international students at Saint Viator have been accepted into U.S. colleges and universities.
Interested students should complete the International Application in English and submit the completed forms to the Principal.
Since Saint Viator offers no ESL program, students must demonstrate an above school average ability to read and understand spoken English by taking the TOEFL Junior, iTEP SLATE or SSAT.
*Code for TOEFL is 5347.
Once the completed application and fees are received in the Principal’s office, the Principal will review the file and determine acceptance. If the student meets academic requirements and has secured housing, a letter of acceptance will be sent to the parents of the student.
After an international student is accepted to Saint Viator High School, the I-20 Application must be completed as soon as possible. A non-refundable check/money order for $200 (U.S.), payable to the Archdiocese of Chicago, must accompany the I-20 Application.
I-20 applications should only be submitted after a student has been accepted to Saint Viator High School.
Tuition and Fees for International Students
- A non-refundable application fee of $500 (will be applied toward tuition) must accompany the international application
- Saint Viator High School tuition for 2016-2017 is $13,200
- An additional fee of $1500 is required of all international students for the Rev. Mark R. Francis, C.S.V. International Program
- Full tuition is due July 1 for the full school year; students admitted beginning second semester must pay semester tuition by January 15
- SEVIS Fee: $200 (made payable to Archdiocese of Chicago)
- iPad (We recommend that you purchase the latest iPad Air 2 64 GB Wi-Fi.)
- eBooks, books and supplies: cost varies from year to year for students
- Financial aid is not available to assist international students