Class of 2021 MAKE-UP Entrance Exam
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Testing will begin at 8 a.m.
*If you have not tested at any other Catholic high school, you are welcome to take the test.
- The High School Placement Test (HSPT), written by Scholastic Testing Services (STS), measures a student's ability level and achievement levels in reading, mathematics, and language arts.
- Incoming freshmen are required to take the HSPT Placement Test on January 14, 2017, in order to be considered for admission to Saint Viator High School.
- The HSPT test along with junior high teacher recommendations and other standardized testing will be considered when we place a student into courses for their freshmen year.
- Only students who take the HSPT Placement Test at Saint Viator High School are considered for academic scholarships and admission to the Father Louis Querbes Scholars Program.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed by February 15, 2017.
- Students who score in the 98th or 99th percentile nationally on our administration of the STS Placement Test are automatically awarded the Saint Viator Scholar Scholarship for their freshmen year.
- Students who score in the 93rd or higher percentile nationally on our STS administration are considered for admission to Saint Viator's Father Louis Querbes Scholars Program, a special enrichment program designed to enable highly motivated students to excel in academics and personal enrichment.
Before the Exam
- The best way to prepare is to get a good night's sleep and have breakfast the morning of the test.
- If illness or an emergency prevents your student from taking the Placement Test, please call the school the week of January 16 for the make-up test date information.
- In case of inclement weather on test day, call the school's main number, 847-392-4050, or check our website for updated information.
- All students are required to complete a test registration form. You can facilitate this process by completing the Class of 2021 Test Registration Form and Parent Permission Release Form in advance. Students should return both of these required forms on the test day.
"Day of" Information
- Bring completed Class of 2021 Test Registration Form and Parent Permission Release Form;
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the the test starting time;
- Bring several #2 pencils and a $25 testing fee (cash or check payable to Saint Viator High School);
- Enter through the main entrance on Oakton Street;
- You will be directed to Fr. Louis Querbes Hall where the Director of Recruitment will welcome students and assign students to testing rooms.
- Saint Viator Student Ambassadors will escort you to your testing room.
- An important packet of information will be sent home with students after the test.
- Students will finish between 11:30 a.m. and noon.
Students with a Diagnosed Learning Disability
- In order to be considered for the Scott R. Scanlan Center, a student must take the Saint Viator Entrance Exam.
- Special accommodations are NOT provided for students taking the HSPT Placement Test.
- If your student normally receives accommodations on standardized tests, please notify Mrs. Manno, Principal at 847-392-4050, ext. 229 or e-mail.
- Case studies, IEP and 504 Plans should be forwarded to Mrs. Manno at Saint Viator High School by January 31, 2017. This information will be considered during the acceptance/placement process.