Proclaiming Jesus Christ and His Gospel, and raising up our community where faith is lived, deepened and celebrated.
Campus Ministry offers opportunities for students, faculty and staff to engage in programs where a deeper understanding of being a people of faith is cultivated. Through these programs, our community has the opportunity to develop a lifelong identity that stems from the Viatorian mission. People of all faith traditions are respected and encouraged to be an active part of the faith community where religious and moral growth is the goal.
Campus Ministry Team
End of Year Picnic - Tuesday, May 23, 3:15-6 p.m.
Saint Viator's Campus Ministry Team (CMT) is a a Christ-centered, caring, welcoming, Gospel-fueled group of fun people who lead and organize four major areas of ministry.
- Liturgy and Prayer: The purpose of liturgy and prayer ministry is to engage our school community in the liturgical life of church school through Eucharist and a variety of prayer and sacramental experiences.
- Art and Environment: The purpose of art and environment is to bridge creativity and faith. The school community is inspired through a variety of artistic expressions.
- Technology and Communication: The purpose of technology and communications is to actively proclaim, using social media, video and other platforms, the vision and mission of campus ministry.
- Faith Fellowship and Friends: the purpose of fun and fellowship is to deepen faith through social activities that are open to the whole community.
As a Catholic community, we celebrate our faith in a variety of ways. One of the most important ways is through a regular celebration of the Eucharist. Students participate in liturgical celebrations through a variety of ministries including: mass planners, choir, proclaimers of the word, Eucharistic ministers, and ushers.
School Mass Dates
As we gather together to feed our souls at Mass, we work together to feed others in need. Each month, students are asked to bring canned or non-perishable food to our school Masses. All items will be donated to local food pantries.
- September 16, Mass of the Holy Spirit
- September 18, Freshman Family Mass
- October 21, Saint Viator Day Feast Mass
- October 30, Alumni Memorial Mass
- November 2, Junior Ring Mass (7 pm, Cahill Gym)
- November 16, Thanksgiving Day Mass
- November 30, Senior Class Mass
- December 8, Advent Mass
- January 18, Sophomore Class Mass
- February 3, Catholic Schools Week Mass
- March 1, Ash Wednesday Prayer Service
- March 20, Stations of the Cross
- April 5, Freshman Class Mass
- April 27, Easter Season Mass
- April 30, Family Mass
- May 19, Baccalaureate Mass
- Friday's at 7:30 a.m., Alumni Memorial Chapel Masses
- Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's at 7:30 a.m. throughout Advent and Lent
All parents, local youth ministers or Saint Viator alumni are welcome to join us.
Saint Viator Campus Ministry offers retreat experiences for students of all grade levels.