Catholic High School Campus Minister
Saint Viator High School invites applications for a Campus Minister for the 2017-2018 academic year. The Campus Minister is appointed by the President and the Vice President of Viatorian Identity and Mission in collaboration with the Director of Campus Ministry. This is a 10 month position with a start date of August 11, 2017.
Qualifications and experience to include:
- A practicing Catholic committed to the educational and spiritual mission of the school
- BA or MA in Religious Studies, Theology, or a Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies
- Experience in planning, developing and leading retreats, liturgies, and service programs
- Strong motivational, collaborative, organizational, and written and oral communication skills
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Implement retreats and liturgies to help Saint Viator students deepen their knowledge of faith and more fully integrate it into their daily lives.
- Develop students as faith leaders through supervising the Campus Ministry Team and all retreat leaders
- Co-manage Christian Service Program
- Develop and coordinate weekly student donations to outside agencies
- Equip Saint Viator students to fully participate in the liturgical life of the church.
- Manage social media (website, Twitter)
- Direct one Kairos, one Quest, one immersion, and other retreats as needed
- Provide Saint Viator students with opportunities for individual pastoral guidance and spiritual formation.
- Collaborate with Faith Formation Team on a monthly basis
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the vice-president and director
To apply, please submit a cover letter, current resume and two professional references by April 21, 2017, to:
SVHS Campus Minister Search
c/o The President's Office
1213 East Oakton St.
Arlington Heights, Il 60004