Catholic High School Principal
Saint Viator High School invites applications for the position of Principal for the 2017-2018 academic year. The role is one of leadership and service.
Qualifications and experience to include:
- A practicing Catholic committed to the educational mission of Saint Viator High School
- Commitment to ensuring the Viatorian Catholic identity of the school and maintaining its brand of college preparatory excellence, while being able to articulate this mission to the wider community
- Advanced graduate degree in educational leadership and a Professional Educator License (PEL) Administrative Endorsement (formerly Type 75 certification)
- Successful high school teaching experience and proven administrative experience preferred
- Proven instructional leadership skills, with strong motivational, collaborative, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
- Experience in directing the planning, development, experimentation and evaluation of the curriculum and academic program of a Catholic school. Successful participation in staff and curriculum development activities is beneficial
- Ability to inspire a shared vision of the value of Catholic education and to work productively and positively with all constituencies, faculty, students, parents and local community
- Ability to promote an environment which fosters high expectations for students, staff and self and ability to monitor student progress and promote achievement for all students
- A consensus builder and strategic thinker, with an ability to delegate effectively and ensure accountability among the school’s leadership team, faculty and staff
The Principal is appointed by the President of Saint Viator High School in consultation with the Board of Trustees. The principal serves as Chief Operating Officer of Saint Viator High School. The principal reports to the president and is delegated, by the president to direct the overall academic program within the school.
The principal is a member of the Administrative Team. The Administrative team meets regularly for purposes of sharing information, consultation and collaborative decision-making.
Start date is July 1, 2017. Saint Viator offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education. A detailed job description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Read the full job announcement.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references by January 31, 2017, to email@example.com.