Student Dress Code
Our school store, McKenna Marketplace at Saint Viator, is open during the school year on regular school days.
You may also shop McKenna Marketplace online 24 hours a day, seven days a week at shop.saintviator.com.
The Marketplace will be open on Tuesday, August 9, Wednesday, August 10, and Thursday, August 11 from 7:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. The store will be closed on Friday, August 12. Regular marketplace hours will resume on Monday, August 15 from 7:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. daily.
All students are required to wear Lands' End uniform pants. Uniform shirts are available for purchase at the McKenna Marketplace school store. Uniform shirts are not available for purchase online.
Goals for the dress code are to:
- Create an atmosphere conducive to learning
- Be easily observable and enforceable
- Promote student safety
- Project a good image of the school
- Allow for comfort and variety
- Promote good taste and ensure modesty
Enrollment at Saint Viator implies agreement with and acceptance of the dress code. All students are to arrive properly attired and to remain in dress code at all times during the school day. Final interpretation of the dress code is made by the Dean of Students. A student out of dress code will be required to change before returning to class. Also, class periods missed for dress code violations are considered unexcused absences.
General Guidelines (Men & Women):
- The only acceptable dress code item for warmth is the Red Lion jacket/fleece sold exclusively at McKenna Marketplace at Saint Viator.
- Sweatshirts MAY NOT be worn as a part of the dress code.
- Outdoor jackets are to be left in lockers.
- A dress code polo must be worn underneath the Red Lion jacket/fleece.
- Saint Viator polos can be worn with a solid colored t-shirt underneath.
- Oxford shirts must be tucked in.
- Outdoor jackets are not to be worn during school hours and must be kept in lockers.
- Hooded sweatshirts, team, club or organization polo shirts are not a part of the regular dress code.
- Students must order and wear only the approved styles with the SV logo on the pant pocket on the Saint Viator page of the Lands’ End website or the Lands’ End portal on the school website.
- Pants cannot be modified except for the hem.
- Pants must be worn at the waist.
- No skirts and skorts.
- Dress Code appropriate: Dress shoes, athletic shoes, or closed-toe clogs
- Socks must be worn.
- No flip flops or slippers are allowed.
- Any shoes/boots deemed unsafe or extreme by the Deans are not permitted.
- Boots can only be worn from the first day of December through the final day of February. Boots may not be worn with uniform pants tucked into them. Uniform pants must cover your boots. Boots may only be ankle height. Boots, if they have laces, must be tied to assure safety. Boots can only be worn during this time period, unless it is approved by the Administration.
Optional Summer Dress Code Guidelines: August, September, May and June
- Knee-length chino-style shorts may be worn in beige and tan only.
- Women-Capris may be worn in beige or tan only.
- 'Slim'/'Skinny'-style shorts or capris are NOT permitted.
- Sandals must have heel straps (for safety reasons).
Other General Guidelines
- Hats or other headwear and sunglasses must be removed upon entering the building.
- Extreme jewelry is not permitted.
- Earrings may only be worn in the ear; students are limited to wearing two earrings per ear.
- References to tobacco, alcohol or illegal narcotics are not permitted.
- Chains cannot be worn as outerwear draped from pants pockets, belts, etc.
- Visible tattoos and other body art are not permitted.
- Hair is to be kept neat and clean; extreme hairstyles, multi-layered cuts, unnatural colors, etc. are unacceptable.
- The length of men’s hair should not exceed the collar nor cover the eyes; men may not wear ponytails.
- Facial hair must be neatly groomed.
Viator Spirit Days
- On days designated by the Administration, students may wear blue denim jeans (pants only) and any Saint Viator shirt, including any Saint Viator logo spirit t-shirt or sweatshirt.
- Students who choose not to wear blue denim pants or Saint Viator spirit shirt must be in regular dress code clothing.
- Cargo pants are not permitted.
- On “Proud To-Be-A-Lion” Fridays, students may wear the jersey, shirt, sweatshirt or warm-up top from a sport or co-curricular activity.
- Special requests for other non-dress code days should be submitted and pre-approved by the president or principal.